969 St. Matthews Avenue

May 26, 2018
Saturday: 11:00am - 5:00pm

Designed by Chief Dominion Architect David Ewart, west end Winnipeg’s Minto Armoury was completed in 1915. The fortress motif building is an example of Tudor Revival architecture with square corner towers and an arched entrance way. The 155,136 square foot structure comprises a concrete foundation, brick and steel frame walls, as well as concrete and wood floors. The roof, originally made of metal, tar and gravel, was destroyed in a fire on January 22, 1956. The rebuilt roof changed the profile of the building somewhat. Ten militia units and a headquarters occupied the building at that time.

Facilities at this location: