141 Regent Avenue West
May 27, 2017Saturday: 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Originally constructed in 1925 by the Bank of Toronto, this building served as a bank until 1942, when the town of Transcona purchased it for municipal offices. Used by Health and Welfare, Parks & Recreation and for council meetings until Unicity was formed in 1972, at which time it was vacated. In 1981 the building reopened as the Transcona Historical Museum. Today the museum houses over 45,000 artifacts pertaining to the history of Transcona and is the one of two Heritage buildings in the community. Behind-the-scenes guided tours: 9:30 am, 10:30 am, 11:30 am, 12:30 pm, 1:30 pm, 2:30 pm & 3:30 pm. Tours will last approximately 30 minutes. Maximum 15 people per tour. The gallery is wheelchair accessible, however, the behind-the-scenes tours are not.